Did you know that copper is an important mineral for the human body? Just like zinc and iron, we need to have the right amount of copper in our bodies too and there is such a thing as copper deficiency. Copper deficiency occurs when there is a lack of intake of foods rich in copper or when other factors prevents your body from absorbing copper from your food. By wearing copper jewelry, the body is sometimes able to absorb small amounts of copper into your system. Interestingly, your body generally only absorbs just the amount it requires and not more. However, if your copper jewelry is plated, or sealed, then you will not feel these benefits as the copper must touch the skin to be effective. Some claim that copper assists in alleviating various ailments such as joint pains, rheumatism, arthritis, and headaches. However, while there may be veracity in these claims, these haven’t been verified with certainty yet. Some people worry that wearing copper jewelry can lead to copper toxicity. This is not a cause for concern, as copper toxicity only occurs if you ingest copper. Wearing copper jewelry is not known to be damaging in any way. Copper as a metal is antimicrobial and antifungal, and is not harmful to our skin.
Subscribe to our emails
Subscribe to our mailing list for insider news, product launches, and more.